A student, a teacher, a leader.
The importance of communicating with students in their mother tongue makes Education Ambassadors essential. The TME Education Ambassador is a young student from the local community who lives amongst other pupils on a daily basis, who is aware of the educational needs in his/her country, and who has the enthusiasm to learn and teach others something new.
The TME Education Ambassador initiative aims to recruit at least one student in each country, who will have a constructive influence on other pupils through his/her creativity, commitment to education, and positive attitude toward others. Some tasks that the Ambassador can perform include:
- conducting training for educators and students in his/her country;
- pursuing technical education in schools, and following up on each establishment’s needs;
- suggesting and creating new ideas to make the process of delivering quality education to everyone easier;
- addressing and guiding volunteers from abroad to ensure they reach as many schools as possible;
- motivating other students to participate in the education project.
TME Education gave me the skills to make the difference. - Ndembo Jafari, TME Education Ambassador-Tanzanaia
Meet our first Ambassador, Ndembo!